Enjoying Autumn.

  

Tonight makes 24 cups of apples that have been cored, peeled, and sliced for four apple crisps in the last five days.  And I still have a bag and a half left for more fall baking :)
 
While I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle last weekend, we picked the apples together from their backyard.  It was such a fun weekend exploring the farmers market: gorgeous fresh flowers, an abundance of produce, cold press coffee - with lots of honey and cream ;), live music, and delicious bakery treats.  Then, a walk across the river and historic site-seeing.  Followed by some shopping and complete with an evening on the back porch with grilled steaks and veggies and a sewing project inside once it got too chilly out. 
So relaxing and wonderful to spend some time with Aunt Pam and Uncle John!
 
 
Oh, and of course I have to share a picture of the little sweetie that I go visit as much as I can :)  Welcoming the newest little addition to the family I've nanny-ed for with plenty of snuggles is high on my priority list recently.  Her siblings think she's pretty great too and have a hard time not smothering her with attention and affection!
 
. . .
 
The leaves are changing, air is crisp, pumpkin-flavored everything is coming out, scarves sweaters and boots are being pulled out, and it's time to savor the season before it's gone. 
Remembering to thank the Lord for the many blessings He has given and to be a blessing to others, living life in the perfect presence and peace found only in Him.
 
 

- Eliza


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.